- If the timeshare is only for a specific property, is this where I want to vacation every year?
- Can I afford this timeshare, even if the maintenance fees go up?
- Do I have the time to deal with issues that may arise if I can’t book the resort I want during the time I want to travel?
- If I no longer can afford or want the timeshare, how can I sell it?
The purpose of this blog and its comments section is to inform readers about Federal Trade Commission activity, and share information to help them avoid, report, and recover from fraud, scams, and bad business practices. Your thoughts, ideas, and concerns are welcome, and we encourage comments. But keep in mind, this is a moderated blog. We review all comments before they are posted, and we won’t post comments that don’t comply with our commenting policy. We expect commenters to treat each other and the blog writers with respect.
- We won’t post off-topic comments, repeated identical comments, or comments that include sales pitches or promotions.
- We won’t post comments that include vulgar messages, personal attacks by name, or offensive terms that target specific people or groups.
- We won’t post threats, defamatory statements, or suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity.
- We won’t post comments that include personal information, like Social Security numbers, account numbers, home addresses, and email addresses. To file a detailed report about a scam, go to ReportFraud.ftc.gov.
We don't edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your comment contains none of the above. The comments posted on this blog become part of the public domain. To protect your privacy and the privacy of other people, please do not include personal information. Opinions in comments that appear in this blog belong to the individuals who expressed them. They do not belong to or represent views of the Federal Trade Commission.
In reply to I got talked into this in by Shamming
In reply to Great bullet point about "how by Lauri
In reply to Pls put the correct email for by Donaphine
You can report scams, fraud and bad business practices at the FTC website: www.ReportFraud.ftc.gov.